Pine Hill School Resources
On this page you will hopefully find the resources you need. If you can't find what you need please look at each school's individual web site, as information and policies can vary between schools. If there is a resource you would like to see online, please contact our webmaster.
Use the school menu page to view menus online or download a pdf to print at home.
Class Web Sites
Teachers are encouraged to create class web sites to enhance home/school communication.
- Mrs. Folger's Transitional Kindergarten class web site.
- Mr. Lentz's class web site
- Mrs. Bergenske's First Grade Class
Mr. Lentz has created a YouTube channel called Pine Hill Studios.
Parental involvement is at the heart of student achievement, and you play a pivotal role in the education of your children. We want you to know that we appreciate your involvement and encourage your continued partnership as we enrich the academic experience for our students. We are great believers that education does not happen just at school. Many parents are asking what technological resources we can recommend to assist with learning at home. Click here to go to the kindergarten resource page.
Download the August Panda Press here.
Link to the Weekly Kindergarten Newsletter.
Click here to download a pdf of the bell schedule.
These are the revised bus schedules for the 2013-2014 school year. Click here to see the desired schedule or download a printable copy of the schedule.
We often hear of the importance of reading to our children, but what about reading a math problem together, and trying to solve it? Bedtime Math is a great program to share the importance and fun of math with your child. This website offers a math question of the day for you to discuss and solve…at bedtime! Check it out!
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
South Bay School expectation for behavior on campus. Go to the PBIS page here.
Download a full sized poster here.
Local Control and Accountability Plan
Below, please find a summary our LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan) This plan describes a district’s
overall vision for students, annual goals, and specific actions the district will take to achieve these vision and goals.
- Increase the number of EL who achieve full English Language proficiency.
- Increase the number of students who score proficient or above in ELA and math on the SBAC assessments.
- Increase the number of students who identify as healthy and physically fit.
- Achieve and maintain attendance rates that support student learning.
- Decrease chronic absenteeism.
- Reduce the number of student referrals and suspensions.
- Provide and maintain the appropriate assignment of teachers.
- Provide students and staff with standards-aligned instructional materials.
- Provide and maintain school facilities in good repair.
- Increase the number of parents providing input about school conditions.
- Promote ongoing and open LCAP communication among all stakeholders.
- Improve communication among all employees within SBUSD.
- Increase parent knowledge and participation in their child’s education.
- Increase the community awareness in the community of the various SBUSD events/activities that support student programs.
- Create a safe and welcoming learning environment where students attend and are connected to their school.
Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
Parent-teacher conferences are an excellent opportunity to find out how your child is adjusting to the new school year and to get to know her teachers. Here are some general hints on how to have a successful conference:
- Ask your child if there is anything that he would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Jot down everything that you want to talk about at the conference.
- Arrive promptly or a few minutes early.
- Begin with positive comments about the teacher or classroom.
- Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Be open to suggestions from the teacher.
- Keep your emotions under control.
- Take notes about what has been discussed and share them with your child.
- Express appreciation for the conference.
- Do not stay beyond your allotted time.
Click here for even more hints and tips for a productive Parent-Teacher Conference
Budget Workshop PowerPoints
Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given by Lyn Kerr
Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation given by Gary Storts
We recognize that it is not always possible to get to the office during working hours and that parents do not always receive papers that are given to their children to take home. With this in mind, we will be striving to make most documents available online in pdf format.
- South Bay Union School District Mission Statement
- Registration form for Pine Hill or South Bay Schools.
- Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Physical or Personal Beliefs Exemption to Required Immunization form
- Directory Release Refusal form
- Oral Health Assessment Form
- Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit
- Classroom Assignment - Parent Request Form
- Consent to Administer Medication at School or Child Care form is here.
- Family Handbook For Pine Hill Elementary School here.
- Letter to parents about Free and Reduced cost lunch program is here.
- Application for Free and Reduced cost lunch program is here.
- Click here to download a pdf of the bell schedule.
- The 2014-2015 school year calendar
- Volunteer Handbook & Volunteer registration form
- 7 Tips To Help Your Child Succeed In School
- Tips For A Productive Parent/Teacher Conference
- School Newsletter
- Boxtops For Education
- Textbooks used by the SBUSD
- Wellness Policy
- Comprehensive School Safety Plan
- Transportation Safety Plan is here.
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Nondiscrimination/Harassment/Bullying Policy
- Internet Use Policy & Acceptable User Policy - Internet use by student
- Field Trip Tag-a-long policy
- Revised Head Lice policy is here.
- Form to request the use of facilities.
- Pine Hill School Plan for 2013-2014 is here.
- The Education Protection Account Program report is here.
- The Uniform Complaint Procedure 2014-15 Annual Notice is here.
- Uniform Complaint Procedures are here.
- Williams Act Complaint Form is here.
- Williams Complaint Form SPANISH is here.
- A map of the South Bay Union School District boundries.
- Board of Trustees meetings and agendas
- Halloween Resources
- Web Posting Required for 2013-14 Economic Impact Aid Funding Pursuant to Senate Bill 754 (Chapter 573, Statutes of 2012)
School Accountability Report Cards (SARC)
Click on the links below to view
PIne Hill Elementary School
South Bay Elementary School
South Bay Middle School
School Site Council