Welcome To Pine Hill School
Dear Pine Hill Families
The ending of the school year has already come and gone in a flash. With this my last year here at Pine hill, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for supporting our school and our students. There are so many who have gone above and beyond. I want to especially thank our PTO officers and supporters along with the Elks Lodge for their tremendous efforts. Thanks to:
- Megan McDonnell & Rachael Riggs, PTO Co-Presidents
- Lindsey Bones, PTO Treasurer
- Teresa McGinnis, PTO Secretary
- Next Year’s PTO Officers will be:
- Alicia Jimenez
- Lucky Syphanthong
- Bao Thao
- Teresa McGinnis
It goes without saying that our teachers worked alongside the PTO and all of our families to make things happen. Thanks to everyone’s efforts we enjoyed the following;
- Harvest Festival at Pine Hill
- Winter Festival at the Elks
- Family Dance Night at the Elks
- Kindergarten Information Night at Pine Hill
- Read Across America Literacy Night at Pine Hill
- Kindergarten Visitation at Pine Hill
- Pine Hill Clean-Up and Planting Day
- Movie Night at Pine Hill
- District Wide Carnival!!
- Fifties Night at Pine Hill
The fund raising efforts of our PTO allowed them to fulfill many teacher requests for a variety of classroom enhancements. Examples include salmon tanks, web subscriptions, field trips and classroom carpets, to name just some of the ways funds were put to use.
More thanks and appreciation go out to;
- Linda Dionne, our ELD teacher, for her efforts to get our ELAC/DLAC up and running and for continuing to offer an ESL class for parents on Thursday evenings.
- Linda Burghart for coming back during her first year of retirement to help with student projects, talent show, field day and fifties night.
- Mark Neeson, grandparent of a former student who comes by every morning to raise our flags.
- All of our literacy coach volunteers with Decade of Difference who come several times a week to work with our students.
- Parent classroom volunteers, you really make a difference for our kids…and our teachers!
- Susan Maschmeier and Monique Hale and crew for Explore After School and Summer School!!
Thank you very much to everyone for making Pine Hill a great place for our students. Each of you will continue to hold a special place in my heart as I move on to my next adventure. Your new principal, Tami Beall, has visited the school and met many of our students. I think it will be a great match. Have a safe, respectful and responsible summer and read, read, read! Go Pandas!
Talent Show Video
The following video was to be shown at the end of the Talent Show on Friday, June 6, but there were technical problems. It is being posted here.
SAFETY FIRST - Reminder
Visitor Policy: For your safety and the safety of our students, once school begins at 8:25am, all visitors and volunteers, including parents and families are required to register in the office, then obtain and wear a badge while on campus. Please return the badge sign out when leaving. All of our staff have been trained to check for a visitor’s badge and will ask visitors to sign in at the office. Again, this is to ensure your safety and the safety of our students. Thank you for your cooperation.
PBIS Class of the Week
Thank you Mrs. Tedrow's class for being safe respectful and responsible on our school campus.
Use the school menu page to view menus online or download a pdf to print at home.
Click on the News button above to read the latest news about:
Navigating the Site
To find out more about what is going on at Pine Hill School, click here to go to the News page orclick on the NEWS button. To contact the school or personnel at the school click here to go to the Contact page or click on the CONTACT button. Finally we have the Resources page which has listings of documents, menus, schedules, web sites, and other items of interest.
- Prepare today's students to succeed in tomorrow's world by doing the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing school environment
- Instill the basic skills necessary to prepare students for secondary education
- Instill in students a sense of global awareness and civic responsibility
- Instill in students problem solving skill in a technological world and a desire to become lifelong learners.