IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES AT PINE HILL SCHOOL
“The Staff at Pine Hill Elementary would like to wish all of our families a wonderful, meaningful, restful Thanksgiving. We are thankful for all of you!”
Thank you Mr. Haase's class for being safe respectful and responsible on our school playground. Great job!
Parent Representatives Needed For School Site Council
Please contact us if you are interested in serving on our Site Council We meet one time per month on the first Tuesday at 2:45. Typical meetings last 1 hour. We need 3 parent volunteers for our committee. Voluteers are chosen by a parent vote. See Principal Beall if you have any questions. ]
The California Education Code requires the school site councils to:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.
Local Control and Accountability Plan
Below, please find a summary our LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan) This plan describes a district’s
overall vision for students, annual goals, and specific actions the district will take to achieve these vision and goals.
- Increase the number of EL who achieve full English Language proficiency.
- Increase the number of students who score proficient or above in ELA and math on the SBAC assessments.
- Increase the number of students who identify as healthy and physically fit.
- Achieve and maintain attendance rates that support student learning.
- Decrease chronic absenteeism.
- Reduce the number of student referrals and suspensions.
- Provide and maintain the appropriate assignment of teachers.
- Provide students and staff with standards-aligned instructional materials.
- Provide and maintain school facilities in good repair.
- Increase the number of parents providing input about school conditions.
- Promote ongoing and open LCAP communication among all stakeholders.
- Improve communication among all employees within SBUSD.
- Increase parent knowledge and participation in their child’s education.
- Increase the community awareness in the community of the various SBUSD events/activities that support student programs.
- Create a safe and welcoming learning environment where students attend and are connected to their school.
Panda Press November 10 Issue
This Issue of our newsletter Panda Press for the 2014-2015 school year is now available online.
Positive Behavior Interventions & Support
Thank you Mr. Storrar's class for being safe respectful and responsible in the school office.
Use the school menu page to view menus online or download a pdf to print at home.
Absences and Tardies
Please be sure your child attends school, each and every day. We have 179 days to prepare your child for the next grade. Every day is important. Plan appointments for after school, or at least later in the day, if at all possible. Make every effort to have him/her arrive at school on time. Being here on time sets the tone for the day. Frequently, rich instruction takes place immediately after the bell rings. We don’t want your child to miss out!
Navigating the Site
To find out more about what is going on at Pine Hill School, click here to go to the News page orclick on the NEWS button. To contact the school or personnel at the school click here to go to the Contact page or click on the CONTACT button. Finally we have the Resources page which has listings of documents, menus, schedules, web sites, and other items of interest.
- Prepare today's students to succeed in tomorrow's world by doing the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing school environment
- Instill the basic skills necessary to prepare students for secondary education
- Instill in students a sense of global awareness and civic responsibility
- Instill in students problem solving skill in a technological world and a desire to become lifelong learners.