IMPORTANT NEWS AT PINE HILL SCHOOL
Thursday, June 11, is the last day of school.
It is also a minimum day with dismissal at 1:30 pm.
The kindergarten classes will be having their closing ceremonies from 10-11 am. Parents are welcome to take their children home afterwards, providing they sign them out.
Congratulations, Mr. Lentz!
We just found out from the Humboldt County Office of Education that Mr. Lentz will be receiving their "Excellence in Teaching" award. This is the second time in his career that he has received this honor.
Each week, a flag will be given to the class who had the best overall attendance percentage from the prior week. In addition, another flag will be given to the class with the fewest tardies! Help your child get to school…on time!
Thank you for considering Pine Hill School . You may visit the school office to pick up a registration packet. In the packet you will find the Pupil Registration, Oral Health Assessment, and Report of Health Examination for School entry and the Directory Release Refusal forms along with resources to help you determine if your child is ready for kindergarten. You may also use the links below or to the left to download copies of the necessary forms.
However you obtain the forms, they need to be returned with a copy of your child(s) birth certificate, copy of shot records and the dental form to the school office before your child can be enrolled.
Feel free to call with any questions I can assist you with. 707-443-4596
Pine Hill, Secretary
- Registration form
- Directory Release Refusal form
- Birth Certificate
- Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Immunization Record & Physical or Personal Beliefs Exemption to Required Immunization form
- Oral Health Assessment Form
- Interdistrict Agreement (for those living outside the South Bay Union School District)
Use the school menu page to view menus online or download a pdf to print at home.
Absences and Tardies
Please be sure your child attends school, each and every day. We have 179 days to prepare your child for the next grade. Every day is important. Plan appointments for after school, or at least later in the day, if at all possible. Make every effort to have him/her arrive at school on time. Being here on time sets the tone for the day. Frequently, rich instruction takes place immediately after the bell rings. We don’t want your child to miss out!
Navigating the Site
To find out more about what is going on at Pine Hill School, click here to go to the News page orclick on the NEWS button. To contact the school or personnel at the school click here to go to the Contact page or click on the CONTACT button. Finally we have the Resources page which has listings of documents, menus, schedules, web sites, and other items of interest.
- Prepare today's students to succeed in tomorrow's world by doing the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing school environment
- Instill the basic skills necessary to prepare students for secondary education
- Instill in students a sense of global awareness and civic responsibility
- Instill in students problem solving skill in a technological world and a desire to become lifelong learners.